The market is associating!
The farmer’s market Les Saveurs de la Vallée recently became a member of the Association des marchés publics du Québec (AMPQ) in order to network with more than 120 farmer’s markets across Quebec.
More generally, the mission of the AMPQ is to support the emergence, development and promotion of the Quebec public procurement network for the benefit of local communities and Quebec agri-food producers and artisans. The association represents the alternative network par excellence for the marketing of local and regional agri-food products. Recognized for the freshness and specificity of its horticultural and artisanal products, public procurement allows customers to have a privileged contact with agricultural producers and agri-food artisans thanks to the support of municipalities and cities that make it a distinctive asset.
For 15 years now, the AMPQ, with a team of experienced administrators, has supported and supported its members in the development of their market, in particular in order to:
- Advocacy for public procurement in Quebec;
- Value public procurement to government bodies;
- Documentation service on public procurement and its economic impacts;
- Disseminate information to municipalities, MRCs, Mapaqs, etc.;
- Promote public procurement on social networks and online;
- Networking between markets;
- Access to an online toolbox for market managers;
- Coordination of the Quebec Farmer’s markets week, a national campaign promoting the activities and importance of our network;
- Press relations activities to ensure the visibility of public procurement in traditional media;
- And much more!
To learn more about the AMPQ, visit their website!